EL-Skyport Transmitter PRO for Canon
- Manufacturer Number: 19366
ODS (Over Drive Sync); Remote control; Improved reliability and future-proof.
*Firmware Update Advisory
Boldly Going Where No Transmitter Has Gone Before!
After 10 years and over 400,000 Skyport units sold, Elinchrom decided to not only raise the bar but also leap way over it with the launch of the EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus HS, (or Skyport HS for short). The most advanced Skyport ever, it gives Elinchrom users the ability to control and visualize power settings across all their lights directly from the Skyport transmitter plus the ability to shoot at speeds up to 1/8000s in Hi-Sync mode.
New Visual Feedback Interface.
The Large LCD display of the Skyport HS features two-way control via a new Visual Feedback Interface that lets you see the exact power of every light in your setup right on the transmitter. Users control each light’s power level and modeling lamp setting directly from the Skyport transmitter, which instantly shows the updated power settings. This provides unsurpassed levels of “two-way communication and control” for every light in your setup right from your camera.
Hi-Sync opens up the world of flash photography to explore even further.
Elinchrom Hi-Sync technology lets you go beyond the X-Sync of your camera. Photographers can simply switch to Hi-Sync mode and access sync speeds up to 1/8000s to freeze motion, overpower the sun, darken backgrounds or use a wider aperture. The new ODS (Over Drive Sync) enables users to fine tune the Skyport plus HS transmitter’s trigger signal to optimize exposure at high shutter speeds while gaining up to 2 more f-stops of light.
- Large LCD with unique, real-time display of remote flash power settings
- Easy access buttons and Digital Dial for fast setup and control
- 20 Channels, 4 Groups for Normal and Speed Sync Modes
- Hi-Sync, up to 1/8000sec with Canon and Nikon cameras
- Extended working range up to 656ft (200m)
- AF Illuminator and sure-lock mounting foot
- USB port for future-proof upgrades
- The EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus HS is currently available for Canon and Nikon (with Sony to follow)
The Skyport HS has 20 frequency channels that can be used for either Normal or Speed mode. The transmitter attaches easily and securely to the hotshoe with its one-touch quick-lock mechanism, and is powered by 2x AA batteries. It also features an integrated AF Illuminator for faster focusing and a mini-USB socket for firmware updates. Users can instantly distinguish what sync mode they are in as the backlit display glows green for normal sync mode, and red for speed sync mode. They can also enjoy a range of up to 656ft (200m) outdoors, and up to 196ft (60m) indoors.
The new Skyport HS continues the Elinchrom commitment to quality; providing photographers with tools to enhance their shooting experience while also showing how Elinchrom is looking firmly ahead to the future. The Skyport HS represents a seamless extension of the EL-Skyport family since it is also compatible with the three previous generations of flash units (including the EL- Skyport Transceiver RX module for Style RX, Digital RX, and Ranger RX systems, and the integrated EL-Skyport modules for the BRX, D-Lite RX, ELC Pro HD, and ELB series.) The Skyport HS adds synchronization capability and “two-way control” functionality to all Elinchrom lights with EL-Skyport capability.
The Skyport HS is the first in a long list of exciting engineering collaborations with design partner, Phottix and allows Skyport to boast the best quality, reliability and range ever available.
ODS (Over Drive Sync)
- ODS enables users to fine tune the Skyport Plus HS transmitter's trigger signal to optimize exposure at high shutter speeds while gaing up to 2 more f-stops of light.
- Not only a trigger device; it is also a remote control for up-to 10 Elinchrom flash units with built-in receivers. Control and set the flash power and the modelling lamp in 4 Groups or individually.
- The EL-Skyport HS has a total of 20 frequency channels that can be used for either Normal or Speed mode. Users can instantly distinguish which sync mode they are in as the backlit display glows green for normal mode, and red for speed mode. They can also enjoy a range up to 200 m (656’) outdoors and up to 60 m (196’) indoors.
- The EL-Skyport HS represents a seamless extension of the EL-Skyport family since it is also compatible with the three previous generations of flash units (including the EL-Skyport Transceiver RX module for Style RX, Digitial RX, and Ranger RX systems, the integrated EL-Skyport modules for D-Lite RX, BRX, ELC Pro HD and ELB series.)
- The transmitter attaches easily and securely to the hotshoe with its bayonet locking system and is powered by 2x AA batteries. It also features an integrated AF illuminator for fast focusing and a mini-USB socket for firmware updates.
”The Skyport HS offers convenience and reliability that hasn't been available with any transmitter before now. It also incorporates so many new advanced features and options that it opens up a whole new world in flash photography. I haven't been this excited about a new product announcement in a long time!"
~Michael Clark, Adventure Photographer
Elinchrom produced three different EL-Skyport receiver versions over the past years.
Every new generation did offer additional new features and improved performance, but still it is possible to use the Hi-Sync feature with earlier versions of the EL-Skyport receivers either built-in Elinchrom flash units or as a plug-in module.
Please find in the compatibility chart your version and the available features, when used with the latest EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus HS.
- 1st Generation
EL-Skyport Transceiver RX plug-in module for Style RX, Digital RX and Ranger RX.
- 2nd Generation
Built-in EL-Skyport receiver module Mk1, with limited features for D-Lite it 2/4, BXRI 250/500 and Quadra.
BRX 250/500, D-Lite RX 2/4, Quadra RX and Quadra Hybrid did offer already full remote features.
- 3rd Generation
Built-in EL-Skyport module Mk2 for ELC Pro HD 500/1000 and ELB 400.
This EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus HS is dedicated to Nikon camera users and offers fast shutter speeds up to 1/8000s.
EL-Skyport Transmitter Plus HS (Canon)
2x AA Batteries
EL-Skyport Transmitter PRO
Frequency Band 2.4 GHz Channels 40; (20 in Normal mode – green / 20 in Speed mode – red) Groups 4: 1, 2, 3, 4 Flash synchronization Normal: limited to the native X-sync of your camera
Hi-Sync mode: up to a 1/8,000 sec.
Range Up to 200m (656’) for triggering AF Assist Beam Yes Power Source 2x AA batteries Indicators and Controls
LCD screen display
-Sync mode, group, channel, ODS activation, Hi-Sync activation, shutter mode, remaining battery power, flash unit name, flash unit ID, flash unit power level, flash unit modelling level.
Group selection, test, rotation ring to change values, confirmation, on/off and refresh. There are also 4 buttons with variable functionality:
Power +/-, Modelling lamp off/prop/free, Individual unit selection and setup on the dashboard. Menu up, menu down and exit in the setup menu.
Dimensions 84.1 x 68.3 x 58.5 mm (3.3 x 2.7 x 2.3”) Weight (without batteries) 120 g ( 0.27 lbs.)
Where to Buy